In the book of Revelation 2 v 4, the Lord had a message for the church in Ephesus :
“Yet, I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first”.
So, the question to us as believers now is this – Have we lost our first love ? Below are some of the signs that may help us realize that we have possibly lost our first love :
- Do you still think about HIM?
- Do you still talk about HIM?
- Have you stopped praying ?
- Do you go on for days without studying HIS word?
- Is your worship dry?
- Do you worry more about physical things than spiritual things?
- Do you measure Christianity by performance rather than by heart condition?
- Do you enjoy secular music over Christian songs that edify?
- Desensitized against sin?